BEATLES TRIVIA AND GAMES! Since July 30, 2012, trivia questions and games have been posted every Monday, and everyone has a full week (through the following Sunday) to submit their answers. One random winner is chosen every week. Write to me with your answer(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers and winners names provided with every new trivia question! You can win once every 30 days!
NEW CHANGE IN OUR TRIVIA PAGE!!!: EVERY WEEK (until further announcement) MY BEATLES TRIVIA & GAMES PAGE CAN NOW WIN YOU ONE OF 9 PRIZES!!!!!!!!! CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 9 PRIZES BELOW!!! PRIZES MAY VARY FROM WEEK TO WEEK!
1) GIVE MORE LOVE (CD) - Ringo Starr's new album, his 19th studio album in his solo-career! Includes appearances from Paul McCartney (playing bass on 2 songs,) Steve Lukather, Peter Frampton, Gary Burr, Richard Marx, Steve Dudas, Nathan East, Edgar Winter, Joe Walsh, Dave Stewart, Don Was and others. The CD also includes bonus tracks of newer versions of Ringo classics "Photograph," "Back Off Boogaloo," and "Don't Pass Me By" with the bands Vandaveer and Alberta Cross. Superb album with great production from Ringo and Bruce Sugar. Listen to a new interview with Ringo's engineer Bruce Sugar now on my INTERVIEWS 4 page! (Courtesy UMe.)
2) THE FILM SCORES AND ORIGINAL ORCHESTRAL MUSIC OF GEORGE MARTIN (CD) - Berlin Music Ensemble conducted by Craig Leon - This brand new release showcases the major works of composer, producer and arranger George Martin. It features new recordings of Martin's original music for the films "Yellow Submarine" and "Live And Let Die," plus the previously unrecorded choral and orchestral score for "The Mission," along with the Overture To "Under Milk Wood," the suite "Three American Sketches" for violin and chamber orchestra, and other previously unreleased original compositions. Recorded in July 2017 at Meistersaal/Emil Berliner Recording Studios, Berlin. To celebrate George Martin's birthday in January, the vinyl will be released as a deluxe 2-LP set, pressed on heavyweight vinyl. A special limited edition that contains a reproduction print of a signed, handwritten score of a newly discovered work by George Martin, "Belle Etoile," featured on the album, will be made exclusively via the Atlas Realisations webshop HERE ! You can watch a featurette on You Tube about the project which includes live performances and an interview with producer Craig Leon HERE! This is a great way to explore many of George Martin's compositions, some never released until now!
3) CHANGE BEGINS WITHIN A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE DAVID LYNCH FOUNDATION (DVD) - Marvelous concert from 2009 held at NYC's Radio City Music Hall, included performances from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr (both appearing together at the end,) Donovan, Sheryl Crow, Eddie Vedder, Betty LaVette, Moby, Ben Harper, Jim James, Paul Horn, Jerry Seinfeld and others. The concert raised money to benefit the David Lynch foundation, which helps to teach classes of transcendental meditation in schools, and also tries to heal suffering of post-traumatic stress for veterans, also for survivors of domestic violence and at-risk children. (Courtesy Eagle Rock Entertainment.)
4) WINGS OVER AMERICA (2-CD Remaster) - The music from Paul & Wings' triumphant tour, including live performances of songs from the albums "Band On The Run," "Venus And Mars," "Wings At The Speed Of Sound," plus songs sung by other members of Wings Denny Laine and Jimmy McCulloch, and 5 Beatles songs. Also includes the classic live recording of "Maybe I'm Amazed."
6) GOODNIGHT VIENNA (VINYL) - Ringo's 1974 album, newly remastered on 180 gram vinyl. Produced by Richard Perry, the followup to the classic "Ringo" album included the hits "Only You," "The No No Song," "Snookeroo" (written by Elton John & Bernie Taupin,) and the title track by John Lennon. Other great musicians on the album include Dr. John, Klaus Voorman, Harry Nilsson, Robbie Robertson, Jesse Ed Davis, Billy Preston, Gary Wright, David Foster, Dennis Coffey and Jim Keltner.
7) A LOVE SO BEAUTIFUL (CD) - Roy Orbison with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. A dream come true for Roy, who always wanted to record with the RPO, this release includes Orbison's songs spanning his entire career, with original and alternate takes of his vocals set to the RPO backing him up. The production on this album is absolutely stunning, and Roy's vocals shine like never before! The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was in fact recorded at Studio 2 at Abbey Road, where the Beatles recorded most of their work as a band. (Courtesy SONY Music.)
8) SONGS WE WERE SINGING: GUIDED TOURS THROUGH THE BEATLES' LESSER KNOWN TRACKS - Kit, whose works have been published in Beatlefan and Something Else Reviews, explores the Beatles' lesser-known songs, and explains why they deserve more examination and appreciation. Kit also looks at some of John Lennon's lesser-known solo-songs, a few of the solo-Beatles albums, and a chapter on Ringo's most underrated drumming performances on Beatles records. BOOK ALSO COMES WITH NEW TOTE BAG FOR "SONGS WE WERE SINGING." Listen to a recent interview with Kit on THIS PAGE!
Last year Yoko was awarded co-songwriting credit for the classic song "Imagine." What other song from John's "Imagine" album was listed as written by Lennon-Ono?
Deadline for entering is Feb. 25, 2018. Please write in with your mailing address, and indicate which prize you prefer. Write to Ken at email@example.com.
Win tickets to see the legendary songwriter JIMMY WEBB in concert at Infinity Music Hall, Hartford, CT on March 22. It's so easy to win a pair of tickets. Find out the details on my TICKET GIVEAWAYS page HERE!!!
Win the new remastered vinyl album for Ringo's "GOODNIGHT VIENNA" as prize #6 listed above!!!
Listen to the only live broadcast of my weekly Beatles show "Every Little Thing" this Wednesday night (Feb. 21) at 8pm (est) on WNHU for a one-hour GEORGE HARRISON birthday special, including Beatles, solo, Wilburys and more!
See a listing of all the movie theaters screening THE CONCERT FOR GEORGE, plus the many Beatles events happening in the New York/New England area HERE!!!
Articles collected from the past year and new ones too, all Beatles/Solo/Their Families, including a nice article on Yoko Ono in celebration of her 85th birthday can be found on my IMPORTANT LINKS page!!!
LAST WEEK'S BEATLES TRIVIA QUESTION:
To celebrate Valentine's Day this week, can you name two songs from Paul McCartney's solo-career that have the word "Valentine" in the song title?
ANSWERS: 1) VALENTINE DAY ("McCartney" album, 1970) 2) MY VALENTINE ("Kisses On The Bottom" album, 2012)
WINNER: Louis Molnar (FL) - Wins Kit O'Toole's book "Songs We Were Singing: Guided Tours Through The Beatles' Lesser-Known Tracks" + Tote Bag!!! (Congrats, Louis!!!)
Deadline for entering is Feb. 18, 2018. Please write in with your mailing address and indicate which prize you prefer. Write to me (Ken) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to the only live broadcast of my weekly Beatles show "Every Little Thing" this Wednesday, Feb. 14 on WNHU, West Haven, CT at 8pm (est) for our Valentine's Day special - an hour of Beatles/Solo Love Songs! Request any love songs from the huge catalogue at either email@example.com or by calling me directly at (203) 934-WNHU.
Did you know that you can listen to current and archival shows of the syndicated version of "Every Little Thing?" It's easy---just go to the music siteGLOBAL TEXAN CHRONICLES and pick any of my shows featured there!
Catch the weekly Beatles talk-show podcast "Things We Said Today" with my fellow co-hosts Steve Marinucci and Allan Kozinn for topics covering the Beatles/Solo music and history! See our page here on PODBEAN!
Win tickets to see the legendary songwriter JIMMY WEBB in concert at the Infinity Music Hall, Hartford, CT, March 22. See details on my TICKETS GIVEAWAY page HERE starting Feb. 16!!!
Listen to my weekly syndicated Beatles show "Every Little Thing," which you can stream ALL WEEK LONG starting Saturdays at theGLOBAL TEXAN CHRONICLES website!!!